Making the Most of Your Mucky Resolutions
“New year, new you” is a phrase we all have been hearing a lot recently. And while we think all you Muckers are amazing just as you are, we also want to support all your goals and resolutions for 2019. We plan on making 2019 our best year yet, and we can’t do it without your help!
We’re all in this together! So, here are our tips for making the most of your 2019 New Year’s Resolutions…
- Be honest with yourself: Think about what you really want to focus on this year and make that the priority. Whether it’s mucking in a new city, fundraising a certain amount, or just running more…focus in on one primary goal! Then also give yourself smaller, secondary goals to tackle throughout the year.
- Write it down: It might seem silly, but writing down goals AND keeping them in a visible spot is sure to keep them top of mind.
- Make it fun: Goals don’t have to be these scary things that you’re afraid to tackle. Put a fun spin on them like trying something new or tackling them with a friend (see below). If your goals are related to MuckFest, you can rest assured they’ll be fun…and muddy!
- Try something new: Lots of people make resolutions to perfect a skill they already have. Balance those out with a goal to try something totally new. Getting out of your comfort zone can be scary, but it’s well worth it! For example, if you haven’t done MuckFest before, 2019 might be your year to join us!
- Keep yourself accountable: Post on social media. Tell your friends and family. Write your goals on your mirror. Do whatever you need to hold yourself accountable, especially as the year goes on.
- Set small goals…and then big ones! Give yourself halfway goals and smaller check-in accomplishments. This will make your progress easier to track and give you wins to celebrate on the way to your main goal.
- Get your friends in on the game: Everything is better with friends (even resolutions)!
- Plan regular check-ins: The name of the accountability game is consistency. Check in with yourself monthly, or more if you need it, to make sure you’re on track to hit that goal.
- Leave room for change: It’s okay to change or update your resolutions or add new ones as the year goes on. The whole goal of a resolution is to promote change, after all.
- Reward yourself: There’s nothing like a little treat to make all your hard work worth it! That’s why we offer Fundraising Rewards on MuckFest, and why you should make your own rewards part of your 2019 resolutions.
What are your 2019 Resolutions? Tell us in the comments! And check out our website for more fun ideas on how to make this year your muckiest one yet!