5 Mud Run Commandments you should always follow
OK, so maybe these aren’t commandments, more like firm guidelines. But whatever you call them, they will help you have a righteous good time at your next mud run. Are you preparing for your first mud run? Even better!
- Remember the Mud Run Day & keep it dirty. The dirtier the better is our motto.
- Thou shalt not steal thy neighbor’s thunder. Let your fellow mud runner do his or her thang and sit tight, you’ll get your turn.
- Honor thy mucker. As you slip and slide through the course, stop and pay homage to your teammate and fellow mucker. A salute will do, but a well-placed mud splat is most honorable.
- Thou shalt not covet your neighbor’s oversized banana costume. Sure, we all want one, but we can’t all have one, so be cool and be happy with your leopard print loincloth.
- You shall practice your beer hoisting ahead of time. The most neglected part of mud run prep in our not-so-humble opinion.
If you seek more guidance on how to be the best mud runner you can be, check out MuckFestMS.com and find the answers you’ve been looking for, my mud-curious friend.
MuckFest® MS is the FUN mud run with the best obstacles. Fired-up and fun-loving teams of friends, family and coworkers run on a well-designed 5K course, featuring super-sized obstacles and mud from start to finish. No special training or equipment is required. This event is built for laughs, but we’re also on a serious mission toward a world free of multiple sclerosis (MS). 100% of fundraising dollars go to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
After getting dirty on the course, participants shower off and meet up with guests to celebrate in the MuckFestival area. It’s a party with beer, soda, food, games, and a mucky toast or two. There’s even a muddy, pint-sized play lot called Lil’ Muckers that’s just for kids.
Not sure what to wear?