MuckFest MS Twin Cities: Beautiful. Just beautiful!
We were hoping for good weather, but instead we got incredible weather: a picture-perfect day that could not have been more sunny. Things got muck-tacular from the start in an especially muddy Muckin’ Corral, where Al—aka Sir Muck-A-Lot—kidded and cajoled runners to take the magical mud bath that transforms them into muckers. Crash Landing afforded friends, family and teammates a prime spot to cheer on leaping muckers, many of whom are now looking into second careers as stunt doubles. The other new obstacle, Flying Muckers, was a definite favorite, and you flew (and splashed) like birds…dirty birds, that is.
Yes, the obstacles were super-fun, but it’s that unique Twin Cities spirit and energy that make this event a one-of-a-kind-experience. You see it in the teams and the clever and inspiring team t-shirts. You see it in the smiling faces in the photos. To be there and feel it, well, that was something truly indescribable.
None of it would be possible, however, if it was not for the outstanding work of the dedicated volunteers. On behalf of everyone at MuckFest® MS Twin Cities, we want to thank our incredible volunteers for helping to make the muck-magic happen; we sincerely appreciate everything you did to make the event memorable and meaningful. Thanks also to Somerset Amphitheater for being such a great event partner and for providing the beautiful location for all our muddy shenanigans.
A special message from the Upper Midwest Chapter of the National MS Society.
Thank you for coming out and making MuckFest MS Twin Cities such a great success. We would like to thank all the runners, volunteers and staff who came out to run, help and support each other this weekend. Every day of the year, we work hard to support people living with multiple sclerosis. There is still time to support the mission behind the “muck” and help us reach our fundraising goal. Make a donation online at www.MuckFestMS.comor call the chapter.
What’s that you say?
- “We had SO much fun, thank you for an amazing course and all that lovely mud.” – Kari G.
- “Thank you all for an awesome day! This was our first time, and everyone was so inviting and kind! And as a person living with MS, it was awfully nice to get a pat on the back and a ‘you’re doing great’ as we went along!” – Heather K. B.
- “Great course again this year! Thanks for the fun and memories!” – Ellen B.
- “Had a blast yesterday at the Twin Cities event! Emcee Al was a hoot!” – Jen T.
- “Best time ever!” – Hines B.
Top Fundraising Individuals and Teams
Congratulations and a heartfelt thank you to our Top Fundraising Individuals and Teams*. You are truly a great inspiration to us all, and your hard work fundraising individually and as teams is sincerely appreciated.
Individuals (Amount Raised)
1. Clyde Kringlen ($3,730)
2. Stacy Kringlen ($2,410)
3. Danielle Shaffer ($2,013)
4. Carly Allen-Tice ($2,010)
5. Elaine Mulcahy ($2,000)
Teams – Captains (Amount Raised)
1. What the Muck 2015! – Clyde Kringlen ($6,140)
2. Green Ninja Brigade – Daniel Endreson ($4,686)
3. Team Tatge – Jessica Tatge ($4,485)
4. The Mud Flaps – Chrissy Tauber ($3,505)
5. ReRe’s Racers – ReAnn Arcand ($3,440)
*as of 11:15 a.m. Central, Tuesday, September 22