National MS Society Spotlight
At MuckFest® MS, we come together though mucky hilarity to work towards a world free of multiple sclerosis. If you’re a first-time mucker, you might be brand new to the incredible work of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Rachael Nuwash, a veteran MuckFest MS Denver mucker and the Director of Emerging Campaigns for the National MS Society, shared the following with us.
The National MS Society’s vision is: A World Free of MS.
The Society’s mission is:
- We mobilize people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS.
- We are a driving force of MS research and treatment to stop disease progression, restore function, and end MS forever.
- We develop, deliver and leverage resources to enhance care for people with MS and quality of life for those affected by the disease.
- We are leaders in the worldwide MS movement, mobilizing millions of people to do something about MS now.
- We are activists.
- We develop and align human, business and financial resources to achieve breakthrough results.
The National MS Society continues to recognize and invest in the value of a nationwide obstacle course event as a means to engage an important new audience into the MS movement and build a significant new source of funds for cutting-edge research into the cause, treatment and a cure for MS. Since its inception, MuckFest MS has raised over $16 million for the Society. In addition, 78% of 2013 participants, many with a connection to MS, were brand new to the Society and had never participated in a Society event, helping us to reach a major goal of engaging a new audience.